|Interest Rates & Interest Charges|
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases||The standard variable APR for purchases is 11.65% to 21.45% max rate, based on your creditworthiness. Your APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.|
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Balance Transfers||11.65% to 21.45%, based on your creditworthiness. Your APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.|
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Cash Advances||18.25% to 23.25%, based on your creditworthiness. Your APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.|
|Penalty APR and When It Applies||None|
|How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchase||Your due date is 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay entire balance by the due date each month.|
|Minimum Interest Charge||There is no minimum interest charge. You will be charged any interest due, regardless of the amount.|
|For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau||To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at https://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore|
||Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.|
||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.|
||2% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.|
||Up to $10|
||Up to $35|
||A Rush Fee of $35 may be charged to Your Account for each Rush card that You request.|
How We Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called “average daily balance”. See your account agreement for further information regarding how we calculate your balance.
Billing Rights: Information on your rights to dispute transactions and how to exercise those rights are provided to you as part of the account opening disclosures and provided on the back of your monthly credit card statement or digitally by clicking on Important Documents within the Aspiration website or mobile app.
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
How We Will Calculate Your Variable APRs: We calculate variable APRs by adding a margin to the highest U.S. Prime Rate published in the Money Rates section of the Wall Street Journal two business days (not weekends or federal holidays) before the closing date shown on your billing statement. The APR may increase or decrease each month if the Prime Rate changes. Any new rate will be applied as of the first day of your billing cycle during which the Prime Rate has changed. If the APR increases, you will pay a higher interest charge and may pay a higher minimum payment. The Prime Rate is simply a reference index and is not the lowest interest rate available. If The Wall Street Journal stops publishing the Prime Rate, we will select a similar reference rate.
Prime Rate: Variable APRs are based on the 3.25% Prime Rate as of July 26, 2021.
Purchase APR: For Purchase transactions, we add a Margin of 8.4% - 18.2% to the Prime Rate of 3.25%. The Purchase APR may increase or decrease each month if the Prime Rate changes but will not exceed the maximum rate of 26.00%.
Cash Advance APR: For Cash transactions, we add a Margin of 15% - 20% to the Prime Rate of 3.25%. The Cash APR may increase or decrease each month if the Prime Rate changes but will not exceed the maximum rate of 26.00%.
Military Lending APR:
Federal law provides important protections to members of the Armed Forces and their dependents relating to extensions of consumer credit. In general, the cost of consumer credit to a member of the Armed Forces and his or her dependent may not exceed an annual percentage rate of 36 percent. This rate must include, as applicable to the credit transaction or account: The costs associated with credit insurance premiums; fees for ancillary products sold in connection with the credit transaction; any applicable fee charged (other than certain application fees for specified credit transactions or accounts); and any participation fee charged (other than certain participation fees for a credit card account). To receive this information and a description of your payment obligation, please call toll free 833-362-9226 or direct 559-421-9043.
(Last Updated: July 27, 2021)
Contact us if you have any questions about this Agreement or your Card or Account. You may call us toll-free or write to us at the phone number or address printed on your Statement
2. Account Information. We need information about you to manage your Account which you agree to provide to us. This includes, but is not limited to: (1) your legal name; (2) a valid U.S. mailing address and residential address (if different); (3) your date of birth; (4) your Social Security number or other government identification number; (5) your telephone number(s); and (6) your employment and income information. You agree to tell us when this information changes. We may ask you for additional documents and to verify any changes to information you have provided us. We may restrict or close your Account if we cannot verify your information, if you do not provide information as requested or do not inform us of changes to your account information.
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
3. Annual Fees. The Card has an annual fee of $60. If your Account has been assessed an annual fee, you may avoid paying this annual fee if you close your account. You may close the account by sending written notification of termination within 30 days following the mailing date of the bill for the annual fee (which may be included as part of a Statement), to the address found at the top of the first page of the Statement. You may use your Card(s) during this 30-day period but immediately thereafter must send your Card(s), which you have cut in half, to the address shown at the top of the first page of the Statement. You agree to pay for all transactions you charge to your account during the 30-day period in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
4. Use of Account and Card.
You authorize us to pay for all transactions made in connection with your Account, including the following transactions:
Unless we tell you otherwise, we will bill each transaction to the applicable category (i.e., purchases, balance transfers or advances) of your Account. We will apply it against your available credit for that category. We have no responsibility for failure of any machine, merchant financial institution or any other party to honor your Card. We may decline to authorize a transaction for any reason, subject to applicable law. This may occur even if the transaction would not cause you to go over your credit limit or your Account is not in default. We are not responsible for any losses you may incur if we do not authorize a transaction. You understand that any person may deny acceptance of or refuse to accept your Card and we are not responsible for such denial or refusal. Additionally, you agree that you will not use your Card in any illegal transaction and that you will be solely responsible for any such transactions if you do. You understand and acknowledge that 1) our services, including access to the Account, may not always be available due to circumstances beyond our control, and 2) that we are not liable for any losses that may result when such services are unavailable due to any reason outside of our control.
5. Credit Reports. You understand and acknowledge that we may report information about your Account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your Account may be reflected in your credit report and will have a negative impact on your credit score. Information we provide may appear on your and the authorized user’s credit reports. If you believe that we have reported inaccurate information about your Account to a credit bureau or other consumer reporting agency, notify us in writing at 1438 Webster St., Ste 100, Oakland, California 94612. When you write, tell us the specific information you believe is incorrect and why you believe it is incorrect. You authorize us to obtain and use credit, income and other information, including credit reports, about you from credit bureaus and others. You authorize the Bank to investigate your credit standing when opening or reviewing your Account. You authorize the Bank to disclose information regarding your Account to credit bureaus and creditors who inquire about your credit standing.
6. Authorized Users. You may request us to issue a Card to any other person(s) to allow such person(s) to use the Card ("Authorized User"). We reserve the right to refuse to issue a Card to an Authorized User, subject to applicable law. We may also require additional information about each Authorized User and may limit their use of the Card. Each Authorized User will have certain information about your Account, and you will be responsible for the Authorized User's use of Account, including anyone else the Authorized User permits to use the Account, even if not authorized or agreed to by you. For the avoidance of doubt, if you permit another person to have access to your Account or Card, whether such person is an Authorized User or otherwise, you are liable for all transactions made with the Card and all related fees incurred, by those persons. To cancel an additional Card, call the toll free telephone number on the back of Card to request cancellation. If you wish to cancel or revoke the Authorized User’s access to the Card or Account, you must also immediately destroy all Cards in the possession of you or the Authorized User. Until we have received your written notice of such a revocation (cancelation) and have had a reasonable time (not less than five business days) to act upon the written notification of cancellation, you are responsible for all transactions and fees incurred by you or any Authorized User. Authorized Users may remove themselves from your Account by calling the number on the back of the Card. If you tell us to revoke (cancel) an Authorized User’s use of your Card or an Authorized User revokes his/her access to your Card or Account, we may revoke (cancel) your Card and issue you a new Card with a different Card number and/or Account number.
Each Authorized User’s privilege ends automatically upon the death of, or filing for bankruptcy protection by, the primary cardholder or accountholder. If an Authorized User uses the Card after the privilege ends, such use indicates your and/or Authorized User’s agreement to pay us, and we may, at our discretion, pursue the Authorized User for payment of any balance or charge resulting from Authorized User’s use of the Card. You agree to notify each Authorized User that he or she is subject to the terms of this Agreement.
7. Payment/Minimum Payment. You must pay at least the minimum payment each month by the date shown on the Statement (the "Minimum Payment"). We will calculate the Minimum Payment as the sum of: (1) the greater of $10 (or the total amount you owe if less than $10) or the sum of 2% of the new balance, the periodic finance charges, and late fees we have billed you on the Statement for which your minimum payment is calculated, (2) any amounts that are past due, (3) the portion of your balance that exceeds your credit limit, (4) any late fees that have been previously billed, and (5) any applicable rewards participation fee then due.
In addition to the Minimum Payment, you may pay all or part of the total balance due on your Account at any time without incurring any prepayment charge; however, you must still pay at least the Minimum Payment amount each month, even if you paid more than the Minimum Payment due on the previous Statement. We will continue to charge Interest Charges during Billing Cycles when you carry a balance. If your Account is 180 days past due, is part of a bankruptcy proceeding or is otherwise charged off, the total balance is immediately due and payable, subject to applicable law. Returns and other credits to your Account will reduce your Account balance but will not change your Minimum Payment.
8. Avoid Paying Finance Charges. If you pay your Statement’s “New Balance” in full by the due date, we will not charge interest on any new transactions that post to the purchase transaction balance associated with your Account. If you have been paying your Account in full without finance charges, but fail to pay your next “New Balance” in full, we will charge interest on the unpaid balance. For cash advances and balance transfers, we will start charging interest on the transaction date and continue to charge interest until the cash advance or balance transfer is paid in full.
9. Merchant Holds on Available Funds: When you use Card, Account or Card number to initiate a transaction at certain merchant locations, such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, and rental car companies, where the final purchase amount is unknown at the time of the authorization, a hold may be placed on the available funds in the Account for an amount equal to or in excess of the final transaction amount. The funds subject to the hold will not be available to you for any other purpose until the merchant sends us the final transaction amount. Once we receive the final transaction amount, it may take up to seven (7) business days for the hold to be removed. During that period, you will not have access to the funds subject to the hold. You may experience difficulties using a Card at unattended vending machines, kiosks, and gas station pumps. If a Card is declined at a "pay at the pump" gas station even though you have sufficient funds available, you should pay for the purchase inside with the cashier.
10. Credit Limit. We may give you a different credit limit based on your credit score or credit qualifications during the term of your Account. You are responsible for keeping track of your balances and your available credit. We will tell you your credit limit, as required by law. We may also notify you of any credit limit change on your Statement. You understand that we may adjust your credit limit at any time, including automatic credit limit increases if you qualify, or terminate your borrowing privileges at any time without prior notice to you, unless such notice is required by law. You may not allow the balance outstanding under this Agreement to exceed your credit limit or to initiate a transaction in connection with your Account that would cause your Account to exceed your credit limit. We reserve the right to not authorize any transaction that would cause the balance outstanding under this Agreement to exceed your credit limit. We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, honor your request for a transaction that will cause you to exceed your credit limit. If we do, all the provisions of this Agreement will apply to that excess, you will be charged finance charges on the excess, and you must pay the entire excess amount to us on demand. We may restrict the amount of your credit limit that can be used for cash advances and balance transfers. You will be notified of any such limits. Your available credit may not be restored for up to two (2) business days after we receive your payment.
12. Payment Application. With regard to each payment, we will decide the order in which purchases, cash advances, balance transfer, finance charges, fees and costs are paid, subject to any restrictions under applicable law. We may allow you, from time to time, to skip one or more monthly payments, and we will notify you when this option is available. If you elect to skip a payment, finance charges will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance, and the requirement to make a Minimum Payment each month will resume following the skip payment period. If you pay less than the total balance outstanding and due, as shown on the Statement, it will be applied in the following order: (1) to any fees incurred or then due; (2) to finance charges and interest due; (3) to the portion of your balance that exceeds your credit limit; (4) to the outstanding balance on Card; (5) to any amounts subject to a government order. All payments applied to the balances will be first applied to the balance with the highest APR or finance charge and then applied to other balances in descending order, based on applicable APR or finance charges. As for payments that are greater than the amount due under this Agreement, we will apply any excess amount to the outstanding fees and balance(s) due under this Agreement (with the highest APR due under this Agreement paid first) and any remaining amount of such excess will be reflected as a credit on your Account.
13. Making Payments. Your payment must be made in U.S. dollars from a U.S. demand deposit account in a form acceptable to us. You may not make payments with funds from your Account (such as cash advances), with any other credit card account or any other credit account with us. You must send mailed payments to us as instructed on your Statement, unless we tell you otherwise. You must mail the payment to the address provided on your Statement using the envelope and payment coupon enclosed. Payment received by mail, to the address on the payment coupon, must be received by 3:00pm PT to be credited as of the date of receipt. We do not accept cash payments through the mail. You agree that we may accept any such payment, late payments, partial payments, and payments marked “paid in full”, “without recourse” or otherwise restrictively endorsed without waiving our right to payment in full of your entire Account balance. We may also make services available that allow you to make faster or recurring payments online or by telephone. We will describe the terms for using these services before you use them. You do not have to use these other payment services. When you provide a check or check information to make a payment, you authorize us to use information from the check to make a one-time ACH or other electronic transfer from your bank account. We may also process it as a check transaction. You will not receive your check back from your bank if we process your check as an electronic transfer. We may delay the availability of credit until we confirm that your payment has cleared. This may happen even if we credit your payment to your Account. We may resubmit and collect returned payments electronically. If necessary, we may adjust your Account to correct errors, process returned and reversed payments, and handle similar issues. We may reject and return any payment that creates or adds to a credit balance on your Account. We may, without notice, restrict the availability of any credit balance in our sole and absolute discretion, subject to applicable law. We may reduce the amount of any credit balance by any new charges. You may write to the address provided on your Statement or call the number on the back of your Card to request a refund of any available credit balance.
14. Statements. We will generally send, or make available to you, one Statement for your Account at the end of each Billing Cycle (“Statement”). However, under certain circumstances, the law may not require us to send or make available to you a Statement, or may prohibit us from doing so. We send only one Statement for all Cards with your Account number. If there are two or more of you, we send the Statement to the first applicant listed on the application. Each Statement covers a Billing Cycle. “Billing Cycle” means the days between the closing date shown on the last Statement we sent you and the closing date on your current Statement.
15. Closing Date. The “closing date” is the last day of the Billing Cycle. All transactions received after the closing date will appear on the following Statement.
16. Accrual of Interest Charges. Finance charges accrue from the (1) date of the transaction (in the case of balance transfers and cash advances); or (2) date the transaction is processed. Finance charges accrue on every unpaid amount until it is paid in full. This means you may owe finance charges even if you pay the entire “New Balance” one month, but did not do so for the previous month. Unpaid finance charges are added to the applicable transaction type (e.g., purchase, balance transfer or cash advance) of your Account. However, we reserve the right to not assess finance charges at any time. We may provide you with a grace period of up to eight (8) calendar days prior to charging any interest; provided, however we are under no obligation to provide such grace period and there is no grace period for cash advances or balance transfers.
17. Finance Charges Rate. Separate finance charges for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances are determined by multiplying the daily periodic rate by the separate average daily balance for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances, as set forth above. We will charge finance charges and fees to your Account as disclosed in this Agreement or Statement (see above for more information). The term “finance charge” includes “interest charges.”
PURCHASES: To avoid incurring an additional finance charge on the balance of purchases reflected on your monthly Statement and on any new purchases appearing on your next monthly Statement, you must pay the New Balance shown on your monthly Statement on or before the payment due date, as set forth on the Statement.
CASH ADVANCES: Finance charges begin to accrue from the date the cash advance occurs. To avoid incurring an additional finance charge on the balance of cash advances reflected on your monthly statement, you must pay the entire cash advance balance. No grace period is provided for current cycle transactions.
BALANCE TRANSFERS: Finance charges begin to accrue from the date the balance transfer occurs. To avoid incurring an additional finance charge on the balance of balance transfers reflected on your monthly statement, you must pay the entire balance transfer amount. No grace period is provided for current cycle transactions.
FEES: We may charge your Account the fees disclosed to you. We will generally treat fees as purchase transactions unless we tell you otherwise.
18. How We Will Calculate Your Interest Charge. We use a method called Average Daily Balance (including new transactions). Under this method, we first calculate your daily balance for each transaction type (e.g., purchases, balance transfers, cash advances), and then we take the beginning balance for each transaction type each day and add in new transactions and the periodic interest charge on the previous day’s balance. Then we subtract any payments and credits for the specific transaction types as of that day. The result is the daily balance for each transaction type. If you paid your previous month’s balance in full (or if your balance was zero or a credit amount), new transactions which post to your Account for the transaction type are not added to the daily balances.
Next, to find your Average Daily Balance for each transaction type: 1) add the daily balances together for each transaction type, and 2) divide the sum by the number of days in the Billing Cycle.
At the end of each Billing Cycle, we determine your interest charge as follows: (1) multiply your Average Daily Balance for each transaction type by the daily periodic rate (APR divided by 365) for that transaction type, and (2) next multiply the result by the number of days in the Billing Cycle. NOTE: Due to rounding or a minimum interest charge, this calculation may vary from the interest charge actually assessed.
19. No Warranty Regarding Goods and Services. We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality, or any other aspect of any goods or services you purchase with your Card beyond your rights described in Your Billing Rights below.
20. Security Interest. All credit advanced to you for credit purchases or cash advances constitutes loans made by us to you in the state of California.
21. Transfer of the Account and Agreement. We may transfer your Account and our rights under this Agreement (including the entire Agreement) to another person or company. That person or company will take our place in this Agreement. You must pay them the amount you owe on your Account (instead of paying us) if they ask you. If you pay us after we notify you that we have transferred your Account or this Agreement, we can return the payment to you, forward the payment to the assignee, or handle it in another way that is reasonable. You may not transfer or assign your Account or your rights under this Agreement to any person or company. We may share any personal information related to you or your Account in connection with a prospective assignment of your Account or this Agreement.
22. Foreign Transactions. Charges from foreign merchants and financial institutions may be made in a foreign currency. We will bill you in U.S. dollars based on the exchange rate on the day we settle the transaction, plus any special currency exchange charges that may be imposed by us, MasterCard World International and/or by any third-party used to complete the transaction. MasterCard World International converts currency to U.S. dollars using either the government mandated exchange rate or the wholesale exchange rate, in effect one day before the date of the conversion, as applicable. Because of the special charges and possible differences in exchange rates between the time we settle and the time you initiated the transaction, the charge for a foreign transaction may be less than or greater than the cash advance or purchase at the time it was made. You agree to pay charges and accept credits for the converted transaction amounts in accordance with the terms of this paragraph. Regardless of whether the transaction is made in foreign currency or in U.S. dollars, additional fees may apply to all international transactions using the Card. International transactions are defined as transactions that are initiated outside the United States or its territories. You will be billed for any international transaction fees that may be imposed by us, MasterCard World International and/or by any third-party used to complete the transaction.
23. Disputes. You must inspect each Statement received and must immediately contact us about any errors or questions you have, as described in "Your Billing Rights," enclosed. If you do not notify us of an error, we will assume that all information on the Statement is correct. If we credit your Account for all or part of a disputed transaction, you give us all rights against others regarding that transaction, and will also: (1) give us any information you possess about the disputed transaction, if we ask; (2) not pursue any claim or reimbursement of the transaction amount from the merchant or any other person; and (3) help us get reimbursement from others.
24. Default. You covenant to observe and comply with this Agreement and covenant not to permit an event of default to occur. If you are in default, we can charge you fees and finance charges as set forth herein, continue to charge such fees and finance charges, lower your credit limit, file a lawsuit against you or pursue another action not prohibited by law, declare the entire balance of your Account due and payable at once without notice or demand, suspend, restrict or cancel your Card and Account and/or terminate this Agreement without liability. You are in default if: (1) you fail to make a required payment when due; (2) you made or make a false or misleading statement to us in your credit application or update of credit information, or otherwise attempted or attempt to defraud us; (3) you die; (4) are subject to a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding; (5) any payment you make is rejected, not paid or cannot be processed; (6) you exceed your credit limit; (7) you permanently reside outside of the U.S.; or (8) you fail to comply with any term of this Agreement.
25. Termination. Subject to applicable law, we may terminate this Agreement or revoke your right to use your Account or Card, along with your right to make future transactions, at any time and for any reason without notice to you, to the extent not prohibited by law. You may contact us using the number on the back of your Card to close your Account. If we close or suspend your Account for any reason, you must stop using your Card. You must also cancel all billing arrangements set up on the Account. If we close or permanently suspend your Account, you must return or destroy all Cards. You must still pay us all amounts you owe on the Account and our rights and your obligations under this Agreement will not terminate if we cancel or revoke your Account or Card or terminate this Agreement. You must also return the Card to us or destroy it if we ask you to. Termination by you shall be binding on each person in whose name the Card is issued. If any Authorized User terminates his/her Card or Account, the full amount owed in connection with your Account may be declared immediately due and payable. The Cards are and shall remain the property of us and you agree to surrender them to us upon demand.
26. Security and Lost or Stolen Card. You must take reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorized use of your Card and Account. We may give you a Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) and may require you provide the PIN prior to using your Card. Keep your PIN secure and do not write it down or give it to anyone. We reserve the right to request you take specific steps to limit access to or prevent unauthorized use of your Card and/or Account. For security reasons, you must, upon receipt of the Card, sign it in ink in the space provided and comply with any card activation procedures as may be prescribed by us. If a Card is lost or stolen or if you believe someone else may be using your Card or Account without your permission or otherwise knows your PIN, you must tell us at once. You must call us at phone number shown on your Statement. Unless you have been grossly negligent or have engaged in fraud, you will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions using your lost or stolen Card. This additional limit on liability does not apply to ATM transactions, transactions using your PIN which are not processed by VISA, or to commercial cards. If we reimburse you for unauthorized transactions, you will help us investigate, pursue and get reimbursement from the wrongdoer. Your help includes giving us documents in a form that we request.
27. Collection Costs. If you default on or breach the terms of this Agreement, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to pay all our reasonable collection costs, including but not limited to, postage, reasonable attorney fees, filing fees and other costs paid to a court, service of process fees, collection agency fees and fees paid for other collection costs.
28. Amendments. We may add, delete or change any term of this Agreement at any time and in our sole discretion, unless prohibited by law. We will give you notice of any changes as required by law, and such notice may be included on your Statement or in a separate notice. Our notice will tell you when the changes will take effect. The notice will describe any rights you have in connection with the changes. If the change will increase the finance charges or fees, we will notify you as required by law. If you use your Card after the effective date of any change, you will be considered to have agreed to the new terms even if you have sent us any written notice to the contrary.
29. Rewards. We do not provide rewards in connection with your Card or Account. However, Aspiration Card Services, LLC (“Aspiration”) may provide you with rewards independent of us and subject to terms and conditions between you and Aspiration (“Rewards Terms”). Rewards provided by Aspiration are not provided by us and we do not control the rewards program offered by Aspiration. You agree not to hold us liable for issues that may arise from your participation in the Aspiration rewards program. As part of the rewards program offered and supported by Aspiration, Aspiration may, for certain rewards offerings, charge you a variable administrative cost ranging from $0.01 per Card transaction of up to a maximum of $0.99 per Card transaction. This amount due for administrative costs is calculated in accordance with the Rewards Terms between you and Aspiration, to which we are not a party. We neither charge this administrative cost nor are responsible for its calculation or assessment. Any fee charged by Aspiration in connection with the rewards program or Rewards Terms will be considered a purchase transaction and subject to a finance charge (see Section 17 - Finance Charges Rate for additional information).
30. Digital Wallet. You may elect to add your Card to one or more digital wallets (“Digital Wallets”) supported by us if we make such Digital Wallet services available to you. If you add your Card to a Digital Wallet supported by us, you are subject to our terms and conditions governing the use of your Card in connection with the Digital Wallet. You or an authorized user may also be permitted to add your Card to a Digital Wallet supported by another financial institution or third party, which could be used for purchases or other transactions without presenting the Card. Any such transactions are covered by this Agreement.
31. Communications. Unless we tell you otherwise, you can notify us at Beneficial State Bank, 2002 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland, Oregon 97212, or call us at 877-559-0905. When writing, please include your name, address, home telephone number and the last four digits of your Account number. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you authorize us and our affiliates, agents, and contractors, and anyone to whom we may sell your Account, to contact you to service your Account or for collection purposes. You agree that these contacts are not unsolicited for purposes of state or federal law. You further agree that we, our affiliates, agents, and contractors and anyone to whom we may sell your Account may: (1) contact you in any way, including mail, email, calls, and texts, including a mobile, wireless, or similar device, even if you are charged by your provider, and using automated telephone equipment or prerecorded messages; (2) contact you at any number that you have given us or any number have for you in our records, including your cellular or other wireless device, even if that number is a wireless, cellular, or mobile number, is converted to a mobile/wireless number, or connects to any type of mobile/wireless device, and even if such telephone number is currently listed on a Do Not Call Registry; and (3) contact you at any email address you provide to us or any other person or company that provides any services in connection with this Agreement. You authorize us to monitor and/or record your calls with us. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that if you are past due or in default, you will accept calls from us regarding the collection of your Account. You understand these calls could be automatically dialed and a recorded message may be played. You agree such calls will not be unsolicited calls for purposes of state and federal law. You agree to notify us immediately if you change your email address, mailing address, or phone number.
32. Governing Law and Venue. This Agreement is governed by applicable federal law and by California law. If any part of this Agreement is unenforceable, the remaining parts will remain in effect. Any lawsuit, arbitration or other legal proceeding or action to enforce the terms of this Agreement shall be commenced and shall take place in the appropriate forum in the State of California.
33. State Notices. All Accounts, including California and Utah Residents: As required by law, you are hereby notified that a negative credit report reflecting on your credit record may be submitted to the credit reporting agency if you fail to fulfill the terms of your credit obligations. California Residents: The applicant, if married, may apply for a separate account. After credit approval, each applicant shall have the right to use this account to the extent of any credit limit set by the creditor and each applicant may be liable for all amounts of the credit extended under this account to each joint applicant. Wisconsin Residents: Your signature confirms that this loan obligation is being incurred in the interest of your marriage or family. No provision of any marital property agreement, unilateral statement or court decree adversely affects a creditor's interest unless, prior to the time the credit is granted, the creditor is furnished a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or has actual knowledge of the adverse provision. New York, Rhode Island and Vermont Residents: We may obtain at any time your credit reports, for any legitimate purpose associated with the Account or the application or request for an Account, including by not limited to reviewing, modifying, renewing and collection on your Account. On your request, you will be informed if such a report was ordered. If so, you will be given the name and address of the consumer reporting agency furnishing the report. New York residents may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services to obtain a comparative listing of credit card rates, fees and grace periods. (800) 342-3736 or https://www.dfs.ny.gov/. Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all credit-worthy customers and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with the law.
34. Waiver. We will not lose any of our rights if we delay or choose not to take any action for any reason. We may waive our right without notifying you. Without limiting the generality of this section, we may waive finance charges or fees that we may charge you without notifying you and without losing our right to charge them in the future.
This notice tells you about your rights and responsibilities under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
If you think there is an error on your statement, write to us at the address shown on your monthly billing statement.
In your letter, give us the following information:
You must contact us:
You must notify us of any potential errors in writing (or electronically). You may call us, but if you do, we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question.
If you receive our explanation and still believe your bill is wrong, you must write to us within 10 days telling us that you still refuse to pay. If you do so, we cannot report you as delinquent without also reporting that you are questioning your bill. We must tell you the name of anyone to whom we reported you as delinquent, and we must let those organizations know when the matter has been settled between us.
If we do not follow all of the rules above, you do not have to pay the first $50 of the amount in question, even if your bill is correct.
If you are dissatisfied with the goods or services that you have purchased with your credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the purchase.
To use this right, all of the following must be true:
If all of the criteria above are met and you are still dissatisfied with the purchase, contact us in writing (or electronically) at the address shown on your monthly billing statement.
While we investigate, the same rules apply to the disputed amount as discussed above. After we finish our investigation, we will tell you our decision. At that point, if we think you owe an amount and you do not pay, we may report you as delinquent.
(Last Updated: July 27, 2021)
Please read this Aspiration Rewards Program Agreement ("Aspiration Rewards Agreement"), a legal agreement between you ("you," "your" or "user") and Aspiration Card Services LLC ("Aspiration," "we," "us" or "our") governing the Aspiration Rewards Program. Aspiration is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aspiration Partners Inc., a holding company. This Aspiration Rewards Agreement outlines your and our obligations and sets forth the terms of your use of the Aspiration Rewards Program. This Aspiration Rewards Agreement is not part of the Cardholder Agreement governing your Card. Beneficial State Bank is not party to, nor has any liability to you under, this Aspiration Rewards Agreement, and the services provided hereunder by us are independent of services provided by Beneficial State Bank to you.
Your participation in the Aspiration rewards program (the "Aspiration Rewards Program") is contingent on the condition that you accept and agree to all of the terms and conditions contained in this Aspiration Rewards Agreement. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions contained in this Aspiration Rewards Agreement, you are ineligible to use Aspiration’s Aspiration Rewards Program. As described below, you may opt out of The Plant Your Change program and continue to receive rewards under the "A Swipe for a Tree" and "Cash Back Rewards" programs. If you no longer wish to participate in the "A Swipe for a Tree" or the "Cash Back Rewards" programs, you must close your Aspiration Zero Card account. You may do so by contacting us at 877-559-0905.
The Aspiration Rewards Program is owned and administered by Aspiration, and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The accrual of Rewards and/or your participation in the Aspiration Rewards Program is void where prohibited by law.
Aspiration reserves the right to modify the Aspiration Rewards Agreement at any time. Aspiration will provide you with notice of any material changes at least 30 days in advance. Aspiration will also post the revised Aspiration Rewards Agreement on its website, www.aspiration.com, and date the terms with the last day of revision. All changes shall be effective upon posting. Aspiration may provide you with a notice of any such revisions through the Aspiration application or by emailing you at the email address that Aspiration has on file for you. Your continued participation in the Aspiration Rewards Program after any change to this Aspiration Rewards Agreement constitutes your agreement to be bound by any such changes.
Any user with an open, non-suspended Card who agrees to this Aspiration Rewards Agreement is required to participate in the Aspiration Rewards Program. You must maintain an open Card in order to receive Rewards. If your Card is closed or suspended for any reason, you forfeit all Rewards, including any statement credits that have not been earned and posted to your Card. We may temporarily or permanently disqualify you from participating in the Aspiration Rewards Program and/or adjust or cause to be forfeited any or all Rewards accrued as a result of your abusive behavior, fraud, misrepresentation, any violation of law, violation of any other agreement with us or one of our affiliates, or any other violation of any of the terms or conditions of this Aspiration Rewards Agreement, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Rewards cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us. We may cancel or forfeit any Rewards you may accrue under the Aspiration Rewards Program if you default on any provision of this Aspiration Rewards Agreement or the Cardholder Agreement or if your Card account is delinquent or past due.
The Aspiration Reward Program allows you to obtain rewards on eligible retail purchases ("Eligible Transactions"), as determined by us and set forth below, made with your Aspiration Zero Card ("Card") during each billing cycle associated with your Card ("Rewards"). For each Eligible Transaction, you may obtain Rewards through the (1) A Swipe for a Tree, (2) Plant Your Change, and (3) Cash Back Rewards programs, which are described in more detail below.
All posted purchases you make with your Card are Eligible Transactions, subject to the limitations in this paragraph. Pending transactions, transactions for fees or interest charges that we charge you, returns, adjustments, and payments of existing Card balance are not Eligible Transactions. Transactions for cash equivalents such as money orders and prepaid gift cards, casino gaming chips, lottery tickets, and online gambling are also not Eligible Transactions. Transactions that are later reversed, for example, because you returned something you purchased, are not Eligible Transactions. Cash advances, including purchases of cash equivalents of any kind, balance transfers, convenience check amounts, purchases we believe to have been made by or for a commercial purpose, Card account fees, interest charges, credit insurance, gambling fees, credit protection, debt cancellation charges and unauthorized or fraudulent transactions do not qualify as Eligible Transactions. Any Card transaction conducted or effectuated while you are in default of the Cardholder Agreement does not qualify as Eligible Transactions, unless otherwise permitted by us. We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether a particular transaction is an Eligible Transaction.
You may earn tree planting Rewards through each of the (1) A Swipe for a Tree, (2) Plant Your Change, and (3) Cash Back Rewards programs. As of Spring 2021, Aspiration’s contracted tree-planting partners are planting in Madagascar, Kenya, Nepal, Honduras, Brazil and the United States of America. Locations are subject to modification, without notice to you, by Aspiration and its contracted tree-planting partners at any time. Tree orders are placed quarterly with a contracted tree-planting partner. We will not notify you when a tree is planted.
The Aspiration Rewards Program includes the "A Swipe for a Tree" program. Under A Swipe for a Tree, Aspiration will pay for the planting of a tree for each Eligible Transaction you make with your Card.
By agreeing to this Aspiration Rewards Agreement, you agree to enroll in our "Plant Your Change" program. Participation in the Plant Your Change program is voluntary and you may opt out or opt in to the Plant Your Change program at any time through the Card Management page within the Aspiration mobile application. Opting out of Plant Your Change will not affect your participation in the A Swipe for a Tree or Cash Back components of the Aspiration Rewards Program.
Through Aspiration's Plant Your Change program, each completed Eligible Transaction will be rounded up to the nearest dollar. Aspiration then pays for the planting of a tree through a tree-planting partner. Aspiration charges you a variable administrative cost (the "Plant Your Change Charge") ranging from $0.01 per Eligible Transaction of up to a maximum of $0.99 per Eligible Transaction. The Plant Your Change Charge encompasses the cost of the tree through a tree-planting partner preselected by Aspiration and Aspiration's administrative cost. The Plant Your Change Charge is calculated as the amount of money needed to round up the transaction to the nearest whole dollar amount greater than the transaction, for transactions that are not a whole dollar amount. For example, an Eligible Transaction for $5.80 would round up to $6.00 with $0.20 (twenty cents) as a Plant Your Change Charge. Aspiration will refund the Plant Your Change Charge for transactions that are determined to be the result of third party fraud. For non-fraudulent transactions that are later reversed, including for transactions associated with items you returned, please call us at 877.559.0905 if you would like the Plant Your Change Charge to be refunded.
You agree to pay this Plant Your Change Charge and that a corresponding transaction will be posted to your Card in the amount of the Plant Your Change Charge for a single Eligible Transaction or group of Eligible Transactions that you make while you are enrolled in Plant Your Change program.
Each payment period, you will receive 0.5% of all Eligible Transactions made with your Card as a Cash Back Reward. In any payment period where you reach "Carbon Neutral" by planting a total of 60 or more trees through the Plant Your Change and A Swipe for a Tree programs, you will get an additional 0.5% of all Eligible Transactions in Cash Back Rewards, and your statement will reflect a total Cash Back Reward of 1% of all Eligible Transactions made with your Card for that payment period.
Cash Back Rewards can be allocated toward either planting trees at $1 per tree, or applied as a statement credit to reduce your credit balance. You can choose how your Cash Back Rewards are used through the Manage Rewards page of the Aspiration mobile application or website before the end of the payment period; otherwise the Cash Back Rewards will be split evenly between planting trees and credit statement rewards by default. Trees planted through Cash Back Rewards help reduce your carbon footprint, but are not counted toward the 60 trees that must be planted through the Plant Your Change and A Swipe for a Tree programs to be eligible for the 1% Reward.
You have no property rights or other vested legal interest in any trees planted through the Rewards Program. You have no rights or other vested legal interest in accrued Rewards until they have been applied to your Card account. Accrued Rewards have no cash value or other value of any kind until and to the extent they are actually applied to your Card account or used to plant a tree and are non-negotiable. Rewards may not be transferred or assigned to any other party, and any attempt to do so shall be void and of no legal effect. The sale or barter of any Rewards, other than by us, is expressly prohibited.
Rewards you receive may qualify as taxable income to you. When laws require us to do so, we will report your Rewards’ value as income to the Internal Revenue Service, as well as state and local tax authorities. By participating in the Aspiration Rewards Program, you are responsible for paying any federal, state, or local taxes you owe, or other connected fees or gratuities.
It is your responsibility to ensure that earned Rewards are properly accrued and credited in accordance with this Aspiration Rewards Agreement. If you think you were eligible for a Reward that was not properly credited to you or on your behalf, we can require that you submit documentary evidence to support your claim that is satisfactory to us. You must send your claim for an improperly credited Rewards within sixty (60) days after the date upon which the credit was applied or you claim such crediting was supposed to have occurred but did not. If you do not file your claim within sixty (60) days, Rewards earned will be deemed accurate and you will have waived any claim for adjustment. We reserve the right (but are not required) to correct inaccurate Rewards, and to adjust Rewards at our sole discretion. If we do not credit, or improperly deny, a Rewards redemption to which you were otherwise entitled, then your exclusive remedy will be the issuance of the improperly denied Rewards redemption, if available, or such other alternative benefit as we in our sole discretion may determine.
THE ASPIRATION REWARDS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ASPIRATION, ASPIRATION’S FINANCIAL INSTITUTION PARTNER (INCLUDING BENEFICIAL STATE BANK), THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND ALL OF THEIR SUCCESSORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, STOCKHOLDERS, INVESTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND ATTORNEYS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ASPIRATION PARTIES") EXPRESSLY MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED AS TO THE CONTENT OR OPERATION OF THE ASPIRATION REWARDS PROGRAM. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE ASPIRATION REWARDS PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
THE ASPIRATION PARTIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT IN ASPIRATION REWARDS PROGRAM, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR TITLE. THE ASPIRATION PARTIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE THAT THE ASPIRATION REWARDS PROGRAM ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, BUGS, DEFECTS, ERRORS, OR OTHER COMPUTING ROUTINES THAT CONTAIN DAMAGING OR OTHERWISE CONTAMINATING PROPERTIES, OR PROGRAMS INTENDED TO INTERCEPT OR STEAL PERSONAL OR SYSTEM DATA.
Please note that the ability to exclude warranties varies in different jurisdictions. To the extent that a jurisdiction places limits on the ability for a party to exclude warranties, these exclusions exist to the extent permitted by law. Because of this jurisdictional variance, some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
THE ASPIRATION PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, LIQUIDATED, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES UNDER WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER CLAIMS, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE ASPIRATION REWARDS PROGRAM, EVEN IF ASPIRATION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE ASPIRATION PARTIES WILL ALSO NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY ERRORS, DEFECTS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETIONS, OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE, OR BUSINESS, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE ASPIRATION REWARDS PROGRAM. IN NO EVENT WILL THE ASPIRATION PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED USD $1,000 (ONE THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE ASPIRATION REWARDS PROGRAM OR WITH THIS ASPIRATION REWARDS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO CLOSE YOUR ASPIRATION ZERO CARD ACCOUNT, WHICH YOU MAY DO BY CONTACTING US THROUGH THE ASPIRATION MOBILE APPLICATION.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Aspiration Parties from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, demands or liabilities, including reasonable attorneys’ fees arising out of or relating to (i) your participation in the Aspiration Rewards Program; (ii) your violation of this Aspiration Rewards Agreement or any representation, warranty, or agreements referenced herein, or any applicable law or regulation; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (iv) any disputes or issues between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. Aspiration reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Aspiration.
The Aspiration Rewards Program is owned and operated by Aspiration. All content, visual interfaces, information, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, services, text, data, contents, names, trade names, trademarks, trade dress, service marks, layout, logos, designs, images, graphics, illustrations, artwork, icons, photographs, displays, sound, music, video, animation, organization, assembly, arrangement, interfaces, databases, technology, and all intellectual property of any kind whatsoever and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the "Aspiration Materials") are owned exclusively by Aspiration or the licensors or suppliers of Aspiration and are protected by U.S. copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. Nothing on the Aspiration Rewards Program should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Aspiration Materials displayed on the Aspiration Rewards Program, without our prior written permission in each instance. You may not use, copy, display, distribute, modify or reproduce any of Aspiration Materials found on the Aspiration Rewards Program unless in accordance with written authorization by us. Aspiration prohibits use of any of the Aspiration Materials as part of a link to or from the Aspiration Rewards Program unless establishment of such a link is approved in writing by us in advance. Any questions concerning any Aspiration Materials, or whether any mark or logo is an Aspiration Material, should be referred to Aspiration. All rights related to the Aspiration Materials are hereby reserved. You agree that the Aspiration Materials may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the express prior written consent of Aspiration. You acknowledge that the Aspiration Materials are and shall remain the property of Aspiration. You may not modify, participate in the sale or transfer of, or create derivative works based on any Aspiration Materials, in whole or in part.
If any provision of this Aspiration Rewards Agreement is found to be invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, this Aspiration Rewards Agreement’s remaining provisions shall be enforced to the fullest extent possible, and the remaining provisions of the Aspiration Rewards Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
The following provisions of this Aspiration Rewards Agreement shall survive termination of your use or access of the Aspiration Rewards Program: the sections concerning Indemnification, Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability, Waiver, and General Provisions, and any other provision that by its terms survives termination of your use or access to the Aspiration Rewards Program.
You agree that if Aspiration does not enforce any of its legal rights or remedies under this Aspiration Rewards Agreement, or other legal rights or remedies Aspiration has under applicable laws, this shall not be construed as a formal waiver of those rights or remedies or any other rights in any way whatsoever.
You agree that before initiating any judicial proceeding concerning a dispute, claims, or causes of action arising out of or relating to your participation in the Aspiration Rewards Program, this Aspiration Rewards Agreement, or any other controversies or disputes between you and any Aspiration Party (collectively, "Dispute(s)"), you will try to resolve the Dispute informally by contacting us. Similarly, Aspiration will undertake reasonable efforts to contact you (if we have contact information for you) to resolve any Dispute informally before filing any claim in court. If a Dispute is not resolved within 30 days after the email noting the dispute is sent, you or Aspiration may initiate a judicial proceeding. You and Aspiration agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the federal or state courts of Los Angeles County, CA. You and Aspiration consent to venue and personal jurisdiction there.
If you have questions regarding the Aspiration Rewards Agreement or the practices of Aspiration, you may contact us at 877.559.0905.